The Education Plan offers a practical way of approaching education savings. Plan highlights include:
- Streamlined portfolio options: Our enhanced investment menu features fewer, yet more diversified options. Enrollment year-based portfolios help make choosing a suitable investment strategy easier.
- Expertise: Ascensus College Savings Recordkeeping Services, LLC (Ascensus College Savings) manages The Education Plan. With over 4.5 million accounts administered, Ascensus brings a wealth of experience to help improve your saving experience.
- Lower cost: Our total asset-based fees are just 0.10-0.44%.
- Gifting opportunities: We offer access to Ugift and Upromise. Ugift allows you to easily and securely share your 529 plan account information with family, friends and coworkers, giving them the opportunity to make gift contributions online. Upromise lets members earn back a percentage of qualified spending, which can be deposited into their 529 account.
- Flexibility: you can open an account with just $1 and contribute what you want, when you want. Account changes, contributions and withdrawals are easy to manage online and beneficiaries and ownership are transferable.